Saturday, June 5, 2010

DIY Packing Folder

For one of the projects that Jana and I did together, we came up with our own version of a packing folder. We based ours on the awesome packing aids that Eagle Creek makes, but we wanted to add our own pretty touches. We drew up a pattern, made a trip to Joann's and then set about sewing.
From Mommy's Treasures


From Mommy's Treasures


Our measurements were a bit "off" on the first one, but we decided to try again the next day and, in fact, made four more. Thank goodness Jana wore a "thinking cap" part of the time, because we made few mistakes.
From Mommy's Treasures


These turned out really great
From Mommy's Treasures

and I was even able to use one of them on my trip home---neatly packed, almost wrinkle free shirts!

We even made a video of how to use them! (be sure to silence my playlist before clicking "play)


****I'm hoping to post a tutorial in the next day or two***
Be First to Post Comment !
JJB said...

You forgot to mention the TWO trips to Hobby Lobby, too. All's well that ends well, I guess. How'd it end up working? Did everything stay flat and unwrinkled? My goal for this week is to create some pouches for socks and undies.

JJB said...

Oh I guess the Hobby Lobby trips were for the hanging pockets. How quickly I've forgotten!! Thanks for helping spark my creativity. I spent yesterday in the sewing room trying to construct a zipper pouch like the one I have pictured in my head. No luck, but I found a tutorial online that I think is going to work.

Deblyn79 said...

Did you come up with the zipper pouch and is it a packable cube? Love the folder tutorial......

Unknown said...

Deblyn79, My daughter attempted the small zippered packing cube, but I don't have a pattern for it. Hope you enjoy the pattern for the travel folder.

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature