Thursday, July 5, 2012

Sparklers

No broken bones this Fourth.
No fireworks either.
But there were some sparklers---just not your ordinary variety.
Yesterday morning, several of my friends joined me (and about 3,000 others) for the annual Firecracker Run, a 5k in our community.





It was fun, but by mid-course, we were definitely glistening!  Upon seeing this picture (snapped before the race began), someone dubbed us the "Noel Sparklers".   haha---perfect name   We don't sweat, we sparkle.



I even ran into an old friend from high school that I hadn't seen in 30 years!!  He recognized me and came over to give me a hug!  It took me a minute to realize who it was, but was so fun to spend a few minutes catching up!!

Last night, Ron and Carol and their daughters came over for dinner.





We grilled burgers and hot dogs and sat outside with Ron's huge fan cooling things off a bit for us.












We even made S'mores for dessert.

Be First to Post Comment !

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature