Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Zippin' By

This past weekend, Ron, Tyler and I began Saturday morning with "brunch" at Krispy Kreme.  I can't even remember the last time I had a donut, but these were wonderful!  We lingered over our food as we visited and watched them make more and more donuts.



After running a few errands around town, we headed to the "Outdoor Show" at the Century Link Center.  Now, 6 months ago if you told me I would be attending an Outdoor Show, I probably wouldn't have believed you.  And if you told me that I would enjoy it, I probably would have believed that even less.  I love the outdoors and wildlife and flora, etc. but guns and hunting?  Not so much!  But it was lots of fun.  Mixed in with all the hunting stuff were some good outdoor foods, a dog show and some beautiful wild raptors.

Ron and Tyler decided to try out the Zip Line across the top of Century Link, and since I'd brought my camera, I volunteered to capture the fun.   After getting suited up,





there was a little cutting up---I mean, what a great opportunity to embarass your son, right?!?!  (I think Tyler's face says it all).







Thanks guys, for at least one good picture!!



Up, up, up they went.



Tyler went first---he zipped across the line until they realized that the guys had sent him across without having the platform ready to catch him!  He had to just hang around for a while until they got things together.  Thank goodness he is not really afraid of heights.





Next up was Ron.  Now Ron is afraid of heights, so this activity challenged his fear a bit.  But, he did great, too and it was fun to watch.  It actually looked like lots of fun and after talking to the group, Ron and I decided that it might be a really fun Fall activity--to zip through the forests of East Texas.










There were also a few wild animals.  First there were the creepy variety --- and stinky:





And then the beautiful type.  The handlers had to put the falcon back in his cage before I could get a good picture because each time someone zipped by on the line overhead, he wanted to go after them!









Would you take a look at those talons?!?!




Be First to Post Comment !
JJB said...

look at you broadening your horizons! however, i have to admit, sometimes it's all about the company!

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature