Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Chalkboard Signs

I love the chalkboard signs that dot the internet and blogland.  Jana made the neatest chalkboard for her front porch a few weeks ago---she even made the frame.   I even have a Pinterest board featuring quotes and such to inspire me.
I love this one with the lyrics from the Lumineers:


and this one:
Source: babble.com via Linda on Pinterest
Just before Christmas, I used a can of chalkboard paint that I already had on hand to spray a piece of MDF that was left from another project. I've never wanted the chalk dust INSIDE my house, but outdoors I knew it wouldn't bother me at all, so I drew a 
Christmas wish on it and Ron hung it for me by the front door.

I changed it up around Valentine's Day that was inspired by this one:

and then it fell off of the wall.
And there it sat for a couple of months.  But, last weekend, Ron hung it back up for me, which meant it was time for a new sketch.

 Inspired by the Clickin Moms Instagram challenge #CMGlimpse, I did a tribute to a favorite summertime treat.
Here's my newest chalkboard sketch:


Be First to Post Comment !
JJB said...

I'm just reading along in my blog reader when I see my name and my chalkboard... had to scroll back up to see that it was your blog. Proof that it's time for vacation :)

BTW... you might want to check your links, the html looks like its showing up in the body of the post, and I'm guessing that's not what you intended.

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature