Friday, July 12, 2013

Nelly V's

I just returned from a few fun-filled days with my scrapping buddies down in South Louisiana.  With the close of Memory Mania, we needed to find an alternative place to scrapbook and get together and Nelly V's provided the perfect place!   It is an old farmhouse that Gwenn, the owner,  has converted into a scrapbook/craft retreat site.

It had cute rooms to sleep in, a screened porch with rocking chairs on the front (which we enjoyed in the mornings), a huge kitchen/dining area and a nice-sized project room where we could spread out and work.  We brought enough food with us to feed an army and only went out to eat one night.   We stayed up late and slept late in the mornings---it was great!!

As usual, I was very disorganized in my approach to gathering supplies and projects to work on.  While I had initially planned to sort through things and organize, etc., on the Sunday before I left town, those plans got changed when Ron and I realized that we had to completely clear out the computer room/Dan's bedroom by Monday morning!   Instead, I threw a few supplies, boxes and bags in the back of my car, ( along with my camera, iPad and laptop) and headed south.  One of the great things about that was that I just relaxed----if I didn't have something to work on, I just browsed blogs and visited.

But, I did get a lot accomplished despite my lack of organization.  First up, my Summer Manifesto album.  Prior to coming, I had downloaded and printed out the pages created by Ali Edwards, so all I had to do was cut out the pages, assemble them and add journaling and photos.  This was a really easy, quick project and I love how it turned out.  I'll definitely do this again!!!


My next project was a birthday gift for Ron's daughter, Carmelle.  Her birthday is next weekend and in addition to keeping the grandkids for them, I wanted to make a special gift for her.  Last year, after downloading the "Happy Little Moments" class over at Studio Calico , I purchased some vintage books with the plan of altering them as gifts. One in particular was perfect for this project.

Ron only had a few old photos of them together, but I've enlisted Chad to covertly find and scan a few more from around their house to add to the book.




I am really pleased with how this turned out and hope that Carmelle likes it as much as I liked making it for her.


At the last minute, I decided to bring along a kit that Jana and Rob sent me for Mother's Day.  It was fun to put together and turn out so pretty!!


Throughout the weekend, we shared wedding photos and stories (there have been 3 weddings in the last 3 months among these 6 scrapping buddies), posed for pictures

and worked on layouts and photo prompts from various groups that we're involved in.



I've been participating in the Clickin' Moms Summer Scavenger Hunt, so it was great to have 5 friends to help me out with some of the prompts!



Yes, I know, we scrapbookers really will do anything for a photo!  lol

The man who lives next door got quite a kick out of us.  He helped out with the scavenger hunt and even took us for jaunts through Gonzales in his purple dune buggy----thanks, Reuben!!



What fun we had!! I feel so blessed to have met these ladies through a shared hobby and to get to spend time with them a couple of times a year.   We've shared scrapping tips, travel hints, recipes, craft projects, inspirational stories and goofy photo poses.   We've laughed together and even cried together on more than one occasion and while we don't see each other often, we all cherish the times that we can see each other and look forward to the next time!
Be First to Post Comment !
JJB said...

Too fun!! Looks like y'all had a great (and productive) time!! Love Carmelle's book... what a thoughtful gift... I'm sure she'll treasure it.

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature