Friday, July 5, 2013

Succulents

I've been pinning all kinds of gardening things in the last few months, and along with lots of other people, have been fascinated with colors and textures of the succulents that are so popular right now.  



Finally, this week, I got a chance to pick up a few.
I found that Wal-Mart had a pretty good selection, for great prices.
By the time I got home, I had a little bit of cleaning up to do before I could get started.


A while back, I picked up an old blue metal toolbox at Canton for a steal.

I wasn't sure exactly what I was going to do with it, but this pin inspired me to turn it into a succulent planter.

Here's my version:



My backyard gets LOTS of sun and doesn't have a sprinkler system, so these seem like a natural for the space.  I placed a few in the top of my herb planter, where I can't get any herbs to grow.

I picked up a few more yesterday at Lowe's and made one more planter.

For this one, I just kept the plants in their pots and surrounded them with moss.

Hopefully, these will be plants I can keep alive----at least for a while.
Be First to Post Comment !
JJB said...

I have such a black thumb that I killed my succulent. It just flopped over and all of the leaves fell off. I'm trying to debate about whether to try again or not.

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature