Sunday, April 13, 2014

52 Weeks, 365 Days

Today is our one year anniversary!   I can hardly believe it's been a whole year since our "I do's".  To celebrate, after church today, (and after checking the local weather reports) we headed back to our wedding site.

I packed a picnic lunch of chicken pasta, strawberries and sparkling grape juice (Ron was on call this weekend, so no real champagne allowed) and we found a site to unpack our lunch.  The skies were pretty dark and it was quite windy, but the storm held off until we got back home several hours later.
I forgot to bring our wedding cake topper and have lost the card I had picked out for Ron, but I did manage to remember the special "anniversary book" that I gave him one year ago.
We pretty much had the refuge all to ourselves, (probably because of the weather forecast) so we had to depend on the camera's timer for a few cheesy photos together.
We spent the rest of the afternoon hiking the trail around the lake (only about 3.5 miles I think) and stopping frequently to look at flowers and wildlife tracks.

Back at the center, we enjoyed sitting on the porch watching the birds before heading back home.
As soon as we got home, the bottom fell out of the clouds, providing a great backdrop for a Sunday afternoon nap.   It was the perfect way to celebrate and to look forward to many more years together!!

Be First to Post Comment !
Pam B said...

Happy Anniversary! I can't believe one year has already passed. So happy for you and Ron.

Pam Boudreaux

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature