Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Getting Ready for Alaska

Going to Alaska has been on both of our bucket lists for quite some time, so we began saving for the trip as soon as we decided to get married.  We've been saving our pennies for over a year now---for the trip itself and for a few "extras" that will make our trip more fun.  For Christmas, I gave Ron a nice pair of binoculars and throughout the year we've also purchased a few clothing items with the trip in mind.   I've been wishing for a new camera lens and finally bit the bullet and ordered it.  It arrived a few days ago----a nice, new Nikkor 28-300mm zoom!  The zoom on it isn't that much longer than the one I already had, but I am hoping that the quality of this one is much better.
I tested it out in the backyard for a couple of shots.
Love the results so far---crisp and clear (if I focus on the right spot) even when zoomed!
 Now THIS is a dirty dog!!!
I'm now on the lookout for a camera backpack that we can carry on our excursions.   I'm also signed up to take an iPhone photography class that begins next week, so maybe I can improve those photos as well.

On a totally unrelated note, the Monday that would never end-----yesterday, I called the repair shop to inquire about my sewing machine that has been there for 7 weeks.  They lost it!!!   They'll look for it again today and give me a call.
Be First to Post Comment !
JJB said...

That lens takes great pictures... or maybe the photographer does ;) can't wait to see your alaska photos! You'll have to do a followup on the sewing machine... don't they know you have a grandson to sew for!

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature