Thursday, May 22, 2014

Mish Mash of Thoughts and Pictures

As an update to yesterday's post, I wanted to show you Danette's curtains hanging in her house.  They look so awesome!!
This is the from the inside:
And this is on the porch looking in---all you see is the bamboo with fringe at the bottom.
Today, I was able to put together a quick and simple travel journal for our upcoming trip.   
I used an 8x8 looseleaf album and bought a variety of different page protectors to hold Instagram and 4x6 photos, as well as a small packet of "travel themed" journaling cards.  Everything else was from my stash.
I plan to take the journaling pages with me on the trip to record our activities each day.  Then when I get back home, I can add photos, etc.  I write better when I have lines to use as guides, so I just drew lines on the front and back of these pages.
Because I wanted something to keep tickets, brochures and other memorabilia in, I cut down a couple of 9x12 manila envelopes, added patterned paper trim and a velcro closure, then punched holes to fit in the album.  
This was such an easy project---hoping I find it equally easy to jot down my memories as we go!

Tonight was the Mudbug Madness 5K.  There was a big crowd, so we ran into quite a few of our running buggies--both from our weekly group and from USA Fit.  It was very hot this evening and neither of us have run very much lately, so we were slow (although Ron was faster than me). 
After the race, we were so hot and sweaty that paying to stand around at the Festival and eat crawfish didn't sound very appealing.  Instead, we chose to sit in the shade and eat the post-race fare--corndogs, cookies and bananas.  
The good news was that Ron's calf didn't really hurt and neither did my shin.  Perhaps we can get back in the habit of running regularly this summer so that this heat doesn't feel quite so brutal.


Be First to Post Comment !

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature