Tuesday, August 5, 2014

A Little Bit Of Sewing

I did a little bit of sewing this weekend for little baby D.  And by little, I mean in size.  I found this pattern for a little boy's romper and adapted it to make a bubble.  I personally prefer the gathered legs on tiny babies since their legs are so short and stay curled up most of the time anyway.
I found some soft blue fabric that I had tucked away and used some double baby piping I also had on hand.
Today, we tried it on him to see how the sizing worked.  Hmmmmm, it pretty much swallowed him!  It is definitely more of a 3 mos. size rather than newborn.  So, it was back to the drawing board this evening.  I sized down the pattern a good bit and cut it out of a red/blue plaid using red piping.
The sizing seems to be much more appropriate this time.
I dropped it off at Danette's house to get a paw print embroidered on it----perfect for a little bulldog.
Okay, so it's still a little big.  So much for the gathering around the little legs, but, it won't be long until he grows into it.
By the way, as typical of babies, Callie reported that he required a wardrobe change immediately after these photos were taken.

Be First to Post Comment !

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature