Saturday, February 21, 2015

7/52 Pastel

This week's theme was "Pastel".   While raising two little girls, there were plenty of pastels floating around the house-doll clothes, girl clothes, ribbons, bows, room decor.  A new phase has entered my life though, with four of our five grandchildren being boys!

Last week, while we were keeping baby D for a couple of days, I found myself reminded of my mama's adage, "There's a reason why God gives little babies to young people."   I loved EVERY minute of keeping him, but marveled that Callie is able to get anything at all done around her house.  He is at a stage where he can sit alone (but sometimes tips over) and loves to play with toys (as long as you are in the room with him).  Since I don't have a high chair at my house, I had to come up with another solution to keep him happy while I was fixing dinner.  The "pastel" bumbo seat" provided the perfect solution.  With a few toys on the tray, he could play contentedly while I cooked.  And of course, Emmi loved having him down on her level!
Since I was having a hard time narrowing down my photos choices, I also chose this one -- a picture of the beautiful flowers Ron gave me as a Valentine's/Welcome Home gift.  I especially loved the tulips and the white hydrangeas.  It smelled wonderful, too!

****2-23-2015 My photo of baby B in the kitchen was chosen as "Eye Candy" from the submissions for the theme.  All of the photos were so beautiful!  Check them out yourself over here.
Be First to Post Comment !

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature