Thursday, February 26, 2015

Back to Reality

Well, it's back to school today after three days at home due to inclement weather.  I loved every minute of it, letting me know that when retirement comes in a couple of years, I will be ready!
Yesterday, our mostly melted sleet gave way to 3-4 inches of beautiful snow.   It began mid-morning and continued snowing with the biggest flakes I've ever seen for a couple of hours.  It was a dream for a wanna-be photographer--most of these photos are unedited.
I can't even remember the last time we had this kind of snow.  We sometimes get a flurry or two on top of a layer of sleet, but this was big, fluffy white snow falling from the sky.
It was beautiful!  I bundled up and sat outside on the deck for a while watching the flakes fall from the sky.

And catching a few.
Once again, Joy was in her element.  When she wasn't running through the snow, she was inside the house watching it from the window.
Emmi tolerated the cold stuff while I was outdoors, but then was anxious to come back inside.
It wasn't long until almost every surface was blanketed in snow.  I measured four inches at my house.
Birds and squirrels were everywhere---on the feeders, in the trees, on the power lines.  The brilliant red cardinals provided a stark contrast to the silvery white.  Can you spot one below?


I was lucky enough to not have to go to work, I never lost power and had a fire in the fireplace all day long.  It was a perfect day, as far as I was concerned. 



Be First to Post Comment !

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature