Sunday, March 8, 2015

A Week of Birthdays

The first week of March always brings lots of birthdays in our family.  Dan's birthday is on the 2nd, but since it was during the work week this year, we had to settle for phone wishes.  A couple of days later, Ron and I celebrated his birthday together by opening a few gifts and then going out for his favorite dinner---steak!
Adellelyn shares her Papaw's birthday, so we were able to wish her well through a Facetime chat.  Technology has certainly made being far away from family a little easier.  Chad's birthday was the next day!
Yesterday, I was able to drive down to take Dan out to celebrate his birthday.  He'd really been looking forward to lunch at his favorite place, the Dugout, and enjoyed his steak very much.  Steaks seem to a recurring theme where birthday dinners are concerned.
On the way back to his group home, we stopped for a mini-photo session.  It was a beautiful day and I thought it would be great to get a few good pictures of the birthday boy.
The older he gets, the more he looks like my dad.  Yet, only his mustache shows any sign of gray.

Back at the house, the guys gathered round while Dan opened a few gifts from family.
They sang "Happy Birthday" to him and cheered as he blew out the candles.
I think I'm pretty lucky to have both of these guys in my life!








Be First to Post Comment !
JJB said...

Love it all!! I haven't ever thought about the resemblance between Dan and Poppy, but now that you've said it, I won't be able to not see it :)

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature