Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Nine Months

Callie and baby D came over this afternoon for an impromptu photo shoot.  He is nine months old today, and that calls for a few pictures.  Some are better than others, but I think you'll agree that the subject himself makes them pretty sweet!
I brought out the old red wagon, a Radio Flyer, that Jana and Callie played with so much as little girls.  It is rusty now, and we keep it outside most of the time, so I brushed out the inside and put a towel inside for him to sit on.
Except for being a bit unsteady while being pulled through the grass, he seemed to enjoy it.
Oh, those sweet feet and hands!  
He could watch the dogs, and they could watch him.
And despite our best cleaning, there seemed to always be one more piece of grass that he could find.
A little while later, the ladies in my book study group came over to join us, so Papaw kept him busy for a while.  I caught a glimpse of them through the window.
After everyone left, we had a short Facetime session with Jana and baby B, so that was fun, too.  One of the best parts of being a grandparent is getting to savor the little things that I was too busy to enjoy when my own children were tiny.  And learning a little more about photography has allowed me to capture some of that sweetness---the dimples in their hands, the turn of their little feet, the eyelashes and the furrowed brow when they are intently looking at something.  Being a Lovey is the best!!
Be First to Post Comment !

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature