Saturday, September 19, 2015

Day 19 - Best Day

I have been so lucky in my life.  I have so many wonderful days to remember--from birthdays, vacations and just ordinary carefree times to the births of my daughters and grandchildren.  One that popped in my head, however, was a day in the fall of 2012.  Ron and I traveled up to visit my brother in New York, along with another of my brothers and his wife.  We had a great time visiting and seeing the fall foliage of New England (something that had been on my bucket list for quite some time).

The day we were supposed to fly home, however, did not begin like a great day.  In fact, quite the opposite.  It began with a text from the airline saying that our flight had been canceled.  We were quite bummed about the situation at first, but after several phone calls back and forth with the airlines, it was clear that we wouldn't be leaving until early the next morning, so we might as well make the best of things.  David had work to do, so he suggested we take his car and go exploring.  We drove up to John Boyd Thacher State Park .   We picked up sandwiches along the way and enjoyed a picnic lunch at the top of the Helderburg Escarpment---bundled up tightly in layers of two jackets!  The view was amazing!!
We hiked the Indian Ladder Trail, winding our way up and down the narrow staircases and under a couple of different waterfalls.

It was beautiful and romantic and ended up being the most perfect day ever.

Be First to Post Comment !
Rhonda said...

New England is so beautiful! Isn't that the way it is sometimes that when we are disappointed by something not following our plans...when we allow for a change of pace beauty rushes in and surprises us!

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature