Sunday, September 20, 2015

Day 20 - Guilty Pleasures

Today's prompt means that I have to actually admit to some of my guilty pleasures.  Some of them you probably already know about, but others . . . well, maybe not.  Putting them down on "paper", with photos even, makes them seem so real.

Popcorn - Okay, this one is not secret to anyone that knows me, but I love popcorn.  I like kettle-corn, some of the flavored popcorns and movie-theatre popcorn.  But, my favorite?!??!   Good ole' home style popcorn with a little bit of oil and salt.  This microwave brand comes pretty close to getting it just right.  Ron loves popcorn, as well, so that makes it even better.  Except when he wants to eat all of my popcorn.
The Bachelor (or Bachelorette) -  Yep, this one is kind of embarrassing to even admit, but, I like watching this show, despite the fake people, hokey situations/dates and all.   It is just mindless entertainment to me (although I would not have wanted my kids watching it when they were young and trying to figure out dating, etc.)
Reading Blogs -  While I have a hard time keeping up with my Feedly "feed" on a daily basis, I love having an uninterrupted block of time in the mornings (a rare occurrence) to sit out on the deck and see what is going on in the lives and homes of my favorite bloggers.
Big Bang Theory - Ron got me started watching this when we began dating and I love it.   Again, it is just mindless entertainment to me and makes me laugh.
Antique/junk Shopping - I certainly have no need for anything new at all to bring into my house.  In fact, I need to get rid of so much (about to begin reading The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up), but I love browsing through antiques and second-hand markets, imagining how I could re-purpose items or restore them to their former glory.  Of course, it's fun to make purchases, but I can also be perfectly content to just browse and window-shop--particularly if it means spending time with my "junkin' buddies"!!

So, there you have it.  A few of my guilty pleasures.  Of course, there are more, but that's enough to reveal for one day.   What about you?
Be First to Post Comment !

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature