Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Day 22 - Get Creative!

In the middle of the week, I rarely have much time to "get creative", so I'm actually sharing a really simple creative project that I completed a while back, but have never taken the time to blog about.  On my spring trip to Round Top, I found an old beat-up mailbox that came home with me, with a specific project in mind.   A few weeks later, I planted a small vegetable garden and set to work on transforming the mailbox.  I can't seem to find a photo of the "before", but it was not a pretty thing!  In fact, I think that my junking buddies thought I was crazy for bringing it home with me.

My original plan was to mount it on a fence post.  However, while trying to figure out the logistics of where to put it, etc.,  I remembered that I had a small plant stand that I was about to get rid of.  The mailbox fit perfectly on it!
So what in the world is it exactly?  Voila'!
One of these days, I plan to add some sort of decorations to the side in the form of paintings or vinyl, but in the meantime, but for now, it looks pretty great just sitting beside my herb garden (my veggie garden is adjacent to it).
Be First to Post Comment !

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature