Thursday, February 2, 2017

Magnolia Leaf Wreath

I have really been loving the wreaths I've been seeing on Instagram and Pinterest that are made of magnolia leaves.  Several of my neighbors have large magnolia trees and I'm sure they would let me have some of the branches, but I wanted something a little bit more permanent.

I browsed the flower aisles at Michael's today. Their florals are 40% right now, so I picked out a two stems of large silk magnolia leaves.
I knew wasn't enough to cover an entire wreath, but being a bit of a tightwad, I searched for a more affordable option.  I found these smaller leaves (not Magnolia, but a decent filler) for just $1.99 a branch, plus a discount.
My splurge was on this stem of white Japanese magnolia blossoms.  The actual magnolia blossoms looked too fake for me and these were a nice creamy shade.
After cutting off the magnolia leaves, I glued them to a green styrofoam ring and filled in the blank spaces with the ficus leaves.
Finally, I tucked in the blossoms, securing them with hot glue.  Voila! I want to get some ivory satin ribbon to hang it, but until then, this lace ribbon will do.

Be First to Post Comment !

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature